Headlight nightmare

M91

So Both ends are cut.?

Cut on the relay side ,and on the wire harness side.

Take soem photos. Of your stuff and near the fuse box area all these wire ends.

page 181 of the Haynes Manual has a wire diagram.

I would have to go home and ck my early 510 with that type of relay and see what they go to but would assume they go to the same color as if they went thru the connectors from relay to the engine side of the harness.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a 69 510 wagon a few weeks ago that after driving a few days the battery went dead:(

To my dismay there was no voltage regulator installed and the alternator was not wired properly:(

After purchasing a new regulator and rewiring it now it's charging the battery and working properly:)

Has the wagon been set up to use an IR alternator. I'm trying to see if that could of been an issue. As there wasn't a voltage regulator installed and alternator wiring jacked up.

OK I looked at my 6/70 made 510.

It has this type of relay. It has the same colors and it goes to the the harness with the female connector and those are the same colors. So this means find the same colors soem where in that harness and hook them up straight color to color.. If alot of wire was cut out youll have to splice it.

Popes1,As for the alternator proplem. If M91 install a external volt reg in the plug in harness. He didnt mention if there was 2 jumper wires install(red/wht wire shorted to the blk/wht wire, and whte shorted to yellow) This would be for a Inter reg type alternator.

Also for the lights to work on a 510 you dont need the alternator anyways as its hooked up to the battery via the starter lug