1979 210 Engine..

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all there are no 1979 B210s, so find out what it is really out of. The mileage is unimportant. The car could have 350,000 miles and the engine be good, or have 35,000 miles and the engine be no good. Only buy it if they do a compression check and post the results, and guarantee the engine not to knock or smoke or have any other usabilility defects.

Well first of all there are no 1979 B210s, so find out what it is really out of. The mileage is unimportant. The car could have 350,000 miles and the engine be good, or have 35,000 miles and the engine be no good. Only buy it if they do a compression check and post the results, and guarantee the engine not to knock or smoke or have any other usabilility defects.

hmmm lol pretty sure its a 79 then it must be a plain jane 210?

Im in vancouver and have motors, hit me up yo.

Whats wrong with yours?

she ran it out of oil and i think it seized, the starter trys to kick but doesnt go anywhere, and isnt the battery or the starter.

A 1979 and Newer would be a 210

Before 1979 would be a plain old B210.

Bypass the starter. Can you turn your old engine by grabbing and turning the fan? Or by using a wrench on the crank pulley bolt? If it won't turn, then it proably is seized. Even if it's not, running out of oil probably damaged it. An A-series can run well on 1 quart of oil -- which won't show any on the dipstick, and it won't damage the engine. But if the oil light came on and keep driving, it will damage engine.

A 1979 and Newer would be a 210

Before 1979 would be a plain old B210.

Bypass the starter. Can you turn your old engine by grabbing and turning the fan? Or by using a wrench on the crank pulley bolt? If it won't turn, then it proably is seized. Even if it's not, running out of oil probably damaged it. An A-series can run well on 1 quart of oil -- which won't show any on the dipstick, and it won't damage the engine. But if the oil light came on and keep driving, it will damage engine.

hmmmm. it did kinda have a whirring grindy sound for a while. oil light never came on.

car is over at her parents house parked as i live in downtown with no garage. so perhaps i could go look at it, or get a house call from a qualified mechanic, Im more qualified to work on computers lol not cars.

Wirring grinding noise could have been something else locking up. If the alt bearing went out and siezed it could exhibit the same symptoms and not turn over. Lose the belt and try it also.

im so not used to working on cars that dont give me a code when somthing goes wrong lol.. where is the OBD-II port? LOL

not that those codes are ever usefull.. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.