Need some education on correct relay

I read Slodat's how to, "Hot Start Relay" about adding a relay between the ignition switch and starter. I'd like to do this to our Datsuns, as well as add a relay to the headlights on our 620. So, I need quite a few relays.

Now, for a question with what is probably an obvious answer. All I can find are the five plug relays. Do I just use those and leave the 87a plug open/cut off the wire from the harness?

I'm not at all familiar with relays and want to make I've got it right before I buy a quantity of them.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you think you have proplems with a hot start

use the light relay. Prefer a German made relay

this is a 4 blade relay. the 5 balde ai think it has one extra contack just dont use it

PS you dont have to cut anything I believe in the stock wireing!!!!!!!! the starter wire should fit on the relay already

as for the 620 lights i dont know what you mean

blklighthotstartrelay_thumb.JPG

Actually, I was thinking on cutting the spare wire from the relay's harness if I get the 5 blade relays with harnesses.

A PO upgraded the headlights on our 620, and now the headlights blow the fuse when they're on for any amount of time. It was suggested that we add a relay between the headlight switch and the headlights.