620 Help

Hi Guys, Ive been creeping for a while and have an opputunity to buy a '78 620. Obviosly Im in the NE, where rust is prominent so the truck that Im looking at has some extensive rust. Anyways, its a 1978 620, 2wd, 4spd, L20B, 99k miles, heat, A/C, ect, ect. My problem is that the bed is just about toast (seams are going/have gone), and the rockers are pretty much gone (eaten away). My question is, is there a place that sells replacement rockers, or does someone have some that they could sell me? The bed Im less worried about (I can pull it off and build a flatbed until I find another bed/fix the one on it). Other than that it runs great, stops horribly (drums...as expected), and all around is completley stock. it is going to take a lot of cleaning/wire wheeling and painting to get it to last but I think it is something Id like to do. So if anyone has any rocker advice please let me know. Here is a link to the C-List add: http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/3039023285.html ...and yes, ive checked it out and driven it if anyone was curious. Have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be really hard to find the truck to do so but you could always cut rockers off of another truck and weld them in. would also strongly recommend installing the grille from an older 620. in my opinion they look much better =] as far as the brakes they sell bolt on conversion kits to go to disk brakes but i hear the stock steelies (my favorite) will not wrap around that sort of setup.