Looking for intake manifold for 1975-1976 trk (620), L 20 B engine.

The intake should be stamped U 60. Will not have smog stuff hanging from the bottom. Using it on mini stock dirt track trk. Cant run duel carbs. This manifold is supposed to have larger ports and runners. It will have the water port on 1975-76 not looking for 1977-78. Will be stamped u60 on top. Tks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '75-'77 won't have water cooling passages but there is a huge hole in the bottom for the exhaust heat riser. The '75-'77 intakes and exhausts are bolted together. It can be covered and sealed but all intakes will have EGR in one form or another.

'75 intake and exhaust are bolted together

620headU-67Large.jpg

Thin plate sanwiched between manifolds is warmed by exhaust.

U-67intextmanifold001Large.jpg

If you want a stand alone intake like the L16 or L18 then the '78-'80 trucks have them. You will need a header or a '78-'80 exhaust manifold that does not bolt to the intake to go with it. These do have the water passages in the runners but can be easily blocked but run cooler with them working.

Depends what you need.

Thank you for your response. You are totally correct but have been talking to the local Nissan engine builder. He builds all the fast engines around here. He is telling me that the intake stamped (U 60) though a little rare is out there. This is our 2nd engine from him. Last year we made our own log manifold that gained us 20 hp on the dyno. Ran too well so this year the local tracks are making us go stock manifold again with 2 bar 500 carb. Engine builder worked at a import rebuild center for years and now is the one to go to for fast import engines. Have had one other datsun 510 racer say they are out there. Just trying my luck! I am not an authority but builder doesnt want to flow the other style intake.

Years ago my wife started baking our own bread. It took weeks and weeks until it was perfected and there were lots of failures. But all the work was worth it. So one time I was helping and suggested trying something different because some of the steps were kind of a waste of time. She kicked me out of the kitchen saying "you don't fix what ain't broke". Your mechanic has learned from trial and error what works and just wants to sick with it.

The picture is of a '75 L20B intake/exhaust manifold set... they are bolted together like all '75-'77s.

The '78-'79 620 and '80 720 trucks are separate as are '78-'79 cars like the S10 (200sx) and the A10 (HL510) The L20B intake has larger runners than the earlier L16/18s.

The U60 intake was never used on a truck IF it's how you describe it. The best bet would be the L20B manifold used on a 1974 610, but I seriously doubt it's any different. It could be. I don't have nor never have had a 610. The big thing is that when Nissan did away with the water passage in the manifold, it was replaced with the exhaust heat plate/blend door setup as pictured above. They either have the blend door, or they have the water passage. I've never seen a factory downdraft one with neither.

As Mike said, all '75-77 L20B manifolds have full emissions equipment on them. Nissan started putting EGRs on pretty much everything starting with the 1974 model year.

I went back and talked to the eng builder today and he told me it did have the water port{my bad} but still insists that the u 60 was stamped on manifold and came on some 75-76 L20B heads. What do I know?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.