L20B Exhuast Manifold or Exhuast EGR piping

Just as the title says.

Looking to replace my existing manifold and store it in case I ever need to put it back on. I want to get another manifold so I can weld the EGR inlet.

OR if anyone has a 78 L20B EGR pipe(twisty thing), I would take that as well, cut the ends off and weld it shut than thread it back on to my existing manifold whilst keeping the intact existing EGR pipe.

Need cost and shipping to 85213

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey '86 - pretty sure I have both EGR piping and a manifold as well as the metric plugs Mike mentions above. Hit me with a PM if you are interested in one or the other and I can get you some pics of my spare manifold - off a 620 L20B with a W58 head. I'm down in Tucson.

You know what he's talking about with plugs? Here's a pic and thread reference. The EGR piping is usually a pretty big pain to unhook - often rusted and difficult to access with intake and misc. crap there. Hate that design. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35311-jons-521-l20b-5-speeed/page__st__160 But the plug solution is tidy and reversible.

IMAG0794.jpg

When I dealt with my 620 plumbing, I made an EGR block off plate that retained stock look for AZ emissions (EGR there but not doing anything). Wasn't really trying to avoid the emissions, but I had exhaust and vacuum leaks all over the place with my 620 and didn't want to fool with it anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.