Questions on 620s console

Ive owned a 1973 620 for abOut 3-4 Months now and I've looked around and I can't find anything about 620 center concoles. I bought some but they didn't fit. :( is there any pics out there on what they looks like? Or did they even come with any that yr? I dnt wanna cut to make these fit. Then my heater vents will b blocked too. I need help

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I had the arm rest too.

I have two of the other one I jus bought and they dnt fit. It hits the heater box or vents down there and the shifter has no room to shift up? I'd love to show pics but I dnt have a computer and photobucket won't work on my phone.

But do u see what I'm talking about?

I dnt think changing shifter would do anything.

Actually, they were an option with a bench seat... my '79 had one. Just didn't have the armrest portion.

They were standard on the Deluxe King Cab.

The console wasn't introduced until '75 or so, though, and there were 2 versions. The early version was basically a glorified change holder.

76kc2-06.jpg

The one from '77-79 had the provisions for a radio. This was because '76-on with factory A/C used the dash radio hole for A/C vents.

The issue with the console on a '73 is that the shifter hole isn't in the same place, so the console has to be moved forward several inches and at that point it blocks the vent.

Problem is, even if you found one it's going to have the same problem the later console has. Shifter opening is too far back. It was only used '75-76, and is made of vinyl covered foam just like the dash pad. '72-74 didn't have a console option.

What most folks do is adapt something. Or, build a box and cover it in speaker cabinet carpeting. Then you can put a head unit in with no cutting an original part, and have cupholders...

I have one of those gawdawful plastic 1970s-80s vintage combo Cupholder/Cassette tape case holder things that came with my '74 (with the short trans). Looks awful and the cupholders don't hold anything... but 12 years later it's STILL in the truck. My Mom's '73 has the same one, I think my Dad put it in when he was at Edwards AFB for several months.