1977 1jzgte 280z

Up for sale is a 1977 Datsun 280Z. The car has a 1jzgte motor out of a 1991 Toyota Soarer in it. the engine makes about 260- 300whp depending on the ambient temperature. and if the car doesn't sell before my local car clubs dyno day this week, i'll have numbers to prove it.

ok so the good:

straight body other than a dented fender on drivers side and the previous owners wife keyed it.

killer 1jz with around 75,000 miles. pulls like crazy

swap kit built my me. makes the engine sit super far back and low

stance coilovers front and rear, a bit stiff but great for handling.

r154, great shifts, not super noisy, but not silent either, typical r154.

good condition flywheel, about 10000 miles on the clutch

new slave cylinder

solid mounted engine but you can't feel it. i swear.

Freshly reupholstered seats with new powder coating

carpet may have been spray painted by previous owner, but it looks and feels decent

runs nice and cool, Around 170 Degrees

holds 20-22 inches vacuum at idle

boosts nicely to 14lbs in 1st and 2nd, 11-12 in all other gears

defi oil pressure gauge holds great oil pressure at all times.

AEM UEGO wideband

crappy autometer boost gauge, but it is accurate and its better than no boost gauge

enkei 92's, old ones. they look great. needs tires.

has the stronger r200 diff rather than the crappy r180.

speedo works

fuel level and voltmeter work

MSA front Airdam

Sweetass toyota 4X4 brake upgrade with 300zx rotors

240sx rear disk conversion

although windshield has a chip, no cracks and so it can be repaired.

nice 15 inch e-fan

fresh radiator hoses

timing belt was done recently

all lights work except blinkers, those will work before the car sells.

intercooler is tucked nice and high, you can't see it without bending over under the hood.

upgraded brake master cylinder to handle new calipers.

handles great,

stops great,

the bad....

when the bumper and beauty panel were removed, i found rust under the beauty panel. i haven't done anything with it, its not in a structural part, and people tend to think it looks cool. i wanted to fix it, but haven't yet had a chance

there are small rusty parts on the floor pans, but i have the material to weld in and fix it, and will do so prior to selling

one small part above the frame rail has rust in the wheel well, again it will be repaired this week. its non structural.

needs camber plates.

techno toy tuning sells them, i haven't had money to buy them.

has an open diff, im including a welded unit, but really a clutchtype from an 86 300zx turbo is ideal.

the oem oil drain was interfering with the mounts. since i was in a time crunch i used some misc tubing and made my own drain....its not good. it needs to be remedied. it puts extra pressure on the oil seals on the turbo's and will cause them to blow out faster than they already do. stock turbo's suck anyway. im including an extra set of known good twins, or for a little extra, i can include a minty holset he341 single and you can convert it at your leisure. as i said, its currently fine, and i love driving it. i've made several trips this way, and its been fine for 3+hour trips. not a single hiccup. its just starting to smoke as a result of that turbo drain and it worries me,

this may be bad, it depends on personal preference, its running open down pipe.

wont hurt anything, just a little noisy.

Asking $6000

call or text 256 282 9753 ask for austin willing to meet anywhere in the greater Birmingham area, just let me know.

dvfz39.jpg

51rqlu.jpg

30lje6q.jpg

ztwtu8.jpg

21oa808.jpg

j9le9v.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.