WTB: Forged z22 pistons/rings set

Need a set of Forged z22's with rings..plan on calling JE and CP but figured someone may have something outhere..

let me know if you got something, Vince.

Need a good set of pistons for Turbo use..wondering what/who you guys are using for your builds (particularly z22) or a match for this bore and pin size?

Finished my top mount manifold and fuel system for blowthru Holley finally..been testing and i am quite impressed with what these z22's are handling!

Don't want to go back to a z24 anymore, so want to go for a good build of this block see what she does.

thanks, Vince.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zs were perfect for boost. Cross flow means there is plenty of room for the turbo and with the intake on the other side an IC is easy to plumb. Turbos overcome poor breathing by turning up the boost.

Combined your two posts.

Well i've pretty much got it in and running, but have a ways to go..i say that cause i'm trying to get it to take off from a dead stop with the auto trans for a good launch!! Drag racing set-up

I posted awhile back lookng for an offenauser intake for sale..Well i found one here and put together a 390cfm Holley from C&S Racing (Aerosol Carb deal), built the top mount manifold, using Aeromotive A1000 pump / bypass regulator. This thing is a BEAST! if i can sort this out for the launch and keep the smoke in the engine for long enough..it's gonna do some damage..

Hence the need for the Forged pistons! Cast pistons have seen 20 psi allready! Feels like V8 power in a very small package.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.