77 280z

77-datsun280z.jpgI'm new here to the boards and thought I would share my new project with you guys, I just picked this car up a couple days ago. It's a roller that was set up with a 350 previously, still needs a lot of work done to get it on the road, but I think it should be a fun project
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The p.o had a lot of body stuff done but didn't get the lights wired up, it's missing a drivers mirror, and had been swapped to an automatic, so I have a lot of stuff to do to get this car ready. They had also swapped in corvette tail light conversion which im not fond of at all, so I need to figure out how I am going to get those back to stock.

From what I can see it looks like he didn't get the fiberglass tail light conversion kit, but rather made his own out of sheet metal. You can probably see from inside the hatch, or even where the license plate goes, if it can be removed easily. If anything, a transplant could be possible. Assuming you have the welding skills.

Any plans for a real engine? It looks as if there isn't one in there at all... :lol:

I love my starion for sure, as long as I have a z and a starion I am a happy man.

Absolutely correct on the tails, its a sheet metal conversion and was compleatly welded in, so looks like I'll have to do some cutting to change it. As far as an engine goes I have a strong running l28 and 5speed, but a ls1/t56 would rip in this car so that's what I really want. Figure its setup for a 350 anyway why fight it. That's assuming I can get my hands on one at a good price.