KA24DE Sensor adapters

Boaty

Hey Rats.

Was wondering if anybody with aftermarket gauges on their KA24DE can confirm some stuff for me.

From what I can find, the OEM water temp sensor (the gauge sensor, not the ECU temp sensor) is M12 x 1.25. Can't find a confirming answer on that and since I'd have to order this stuff in, I'd like to get it right the first time. Most aftermarket gauges take a 1/8" NPT so I'd need a male M12 x 1.25 to female 1/8" NPT to run an aftermarket sensor in the stock location, correct? I don't want to run one of those in-line fittings in the radiator hose if I don't have to.

For the oil pressure sensor, I'm pretty sure I need a 1/8" BSPT to 1/8" NPT adapter.

Looking around I can find some stuff from Autometer but I don't see any M12 x 1.25 to 1/8" NPT adapters anywhere. I see Autometer makes a 1/8" NPT to M12 x 1.5 adapter, but that isn't going to work if I have M12 x 1.25...

Any help here would be appreciated. What'd you guys use?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I found the adapters, the M12 x 1.25 to 1/8" NPT is available on eBay, and there are gobs of BSPT to NPT adapters out there.

I just need a confirmation that the stock sensor is M12 x 1.25 so I don't order something I don't need and can't return!

I'll check out home depot though, they may have some random fitting but I doubt it.