A Truly sad Datsun story =(

Its coming close to the 4 year aniversary of the datsun that was stolen from me....sad time for me.

To start things off and to let ya know a little backround about the car that never was seen again =(.

I managed to spot a decent 68 510 4dr (Was my first 68 510) on C.L.

I ended up buying the 510 for 400.00 from a highschool kid who was going to make the car his shop project, the car came with the dash, hood and trunk lid. To top that off the kid drove me to where he lived and gave me a ka motor to go with the car (an incomplete motor) I actually had to have the car towed from a lot at his h.s.

I ended up buying bits and pieces over the next 7 months and finally had all the stuff I needed to get her going =). I bought a rebuilt 1.6L engine built with sss head and duel su's from a guy in Washington in late summer of 07'. The engine looked sweet, and when you opened up the valve cover you could not help but notice the spotless oversize springs, valves, ect . I just could not get over how clean it was. This was a very pro job for sure. Ended up paying 800.00 for the engine after a few drinks. Loaded it up in his pickup and dropped it at a close friends house ( where my 68' 510 was waiting)

I sold the ka motor for 200.00 to some young man who needed one out in hillsburrito. Ended up buying a 5 speed tranny from another friend for 200.00. Installed those parts as soon as i had em. Threw in some nice new front seats and had the dash carpeted blue (thanks to my wife and daughter). Someone had to see that dash roaming around datsun land perhaps. It was a nice little personal touch that probably shouldn't be done to a dash of a datsun but, I liked it =). Even the front of the gauge area had the blue carpet on it, ash tray, glove box lid, ect.

I bought a pair of 5 spoke enki's and newer tires that cost me around 500.00, other parts that were hard to come by, the front arrow markers oem (used but still not cheap) I still have the right side arrow marker from that car lol. The metal pillar vents pretty hard to find. Only thing I couldn't find was the 68 grill (well for a decent price). Went with a different grill. The wiring still needed to be done.

Long story short, I ended up getting laid off and I need money so I sell the car to my supposed friend Jason on payments. ( I still have the title to the car to this day) He was supposed to pay me 1500.00 and he ended up paying me 400.00. 6 Months go by without a payment from him. All the sudden I get word from another friend he sold it to someone in vancouver wash. I try calling, emailing , everything I can to get ahold of this guy and no luck.

Never heard from the guy again and to this day I have not heard anything about the car. The bad part is I never put the car in my name even though I have the title signed to me. Im out a 510 and life goes on. In case anyone may see this car or perhaps own it, I hope you done er right. The vin number of the car in question is: pl510002590. It was a 4dr primer black with a hole in one of the strut towers. Rest assured that I wouldn't even persue it even if I could. I just hope someone actually got her driving =)

I'm happy now though because I ended up finding another 68' 510 that I could play with, number 567 =)

• Like 1
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you had the title and never put it in your name, and the car dissapered...I would of went and put it in my name when it was stolen, so it could of been found easier, you dont have to have the car in your poseesion, they dont go out and check to make sure you have it. Then called the police, reported it stolen,and got it back. Sucks to hear though, but sounds like you could of done something. If my dime was taken like that i would of done everything possible.

The only problem with that is its a washington title and would have cost me 220.00 just to put it in my name and at the time I had no income. I tried to find out where the guy who purchased it possibly lived, all I knew was he lived in vancouver. Another piece of information I left out (because its third party information and I dont know how true it really was) the car was supposedly parted out =(. If I did manage to get the title and everything worked out who knows what would be missing from it. I didn't want to have to start over. I spent many a sleepless night over that 510. I still wonder to this day what ever happened to it.

I can tell ya now I wish I had some of the parts from it for my new 68'. I really could use the 68' tail-light lenses,passenger side arrow marker, and the uncorroded metal pillar vents to name a few. I guess I'll just never know what happened to her. Its not the first time a friend screwed me over and it probably wont be my last. I'm told I'm just too trusting of others and I know I shouldn't be. I learned never to sell a car to a friend on payments lol. Dan your right though, I could have done more for sure.