240z coilover install question.

M240Z

Hey I was wondering if I had to remove the spindle in order to do the swap? I know it makes it a lot easier to work with but I was wondering if it would be enough room to work with by just removing the brakes? I'm curious to how some of you have done this?

Also if I have to remove the spinles, how do I remove the rear hub? The four bolts I think I need to come off right behind the spindle won't budge at all. I've tried WD, heating, more leverage and I can't get it. :poop:

edit: I'm installing s13 stance coilovers

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't "have" to remove them, but it sure is easier... The front are cake to remove, but the infamous spindle pins are he'll in the back.

If you remove the four bolts, you could bend down the control arms and cut and weld, and but it would be really hard to weld the new tubes on if you left it upright.

• 5 weeks later...

If you cant get the spindle pin out and your not replacing the trailing arm, i would just take it off with the trailing since its only held in with two bolts i think. Thats what i did anyways since i remember my spindle pins were pretty in there.

Thanks! But i got it all off! My Z should be on the ground later this week...hopefully

• 3 months later...

bubbi, how did you end up getting it off? were you able to get the rear hub off?

I didnt have to take the hub off. All i did was un bolt the 4 bolts connecting the back of the hub to the axel. Use leverage and pb penetrating oil. Then i had to get a machine shop to press out the spindle pin from the lower control arm.

I didnt have to take the hub off. All i did was un bolt the 4 bolts connecting the back of the hub to the axel. Use leverage and pb penetrating oil. Then i had to get a machine shop to press out the spindle pin from the lower control arm.

Oh Alright, Makes sense. Good deal.