Lights

Duck Ryder

My left or drivers rear lights are confusing me :confused:

I have running lights, but no backup (reverse), turn signal or brake lights.

The other side works fine. I would think its a fuse, but the wiring diagram doesnt show any hidden fuses besides the main 6 (It's like cultural shock to only see 6 fuses!).

Anyone have any suggestions? Right now I am going to go disconnect the light assemby and check the connector.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the running light works then the ground is ok. Signals and brakes are on the same wire Light Green/Red stripe on the driver's side so possibly a bad connection at the round connecter behind the pass side tail lights where the frame harness meets the tail light harness, loose wire, or bad bulb.

Back up lights are Red/Black stripe and common to both sides... the other side works so it has to be in the tail light harness between them, broken or loose wire or the bulb blown.

So I putz around with it some more, the first thing I did was swap all bulbs from one side to another. And discovered at least one bulb wasnt functioning. So at this point from inside out, don't know yet about reverse lights (need a second person), running light works, brake/turn signal light works and the outer one does not. I also discovered the front drivers turn signal light turns on for running lights, but not for the turn signal.

Looking at the wiring... it is obviously not stock anymore... a PO wired the outside light to the front turn signal and cut a couple of wires; a solid green wire and a solid black wire...