720 dash yay or nay

Nathyne

Doing some interior work on my truck and cant decide if i like it or not want some opinions.

My truck had two gas gauges (ripped the aftermarket one out read half full when it was empty -.- luckily didnt find this out the hard way)

Some aftermarket tach I think I may keep it but it is only a 2" one no idea where i would mount a bigger one that wouldn't look out of place though

coolant temp doesnt work yet need to see if i can pull it off my z22 and put it on my ka24e.

had some huge hack job of a stereo install with a shitty cut and was cut way too big tape deck was also held in with robby wood screws through the dash -.-

Anyways here is the dash as it sits now painted the cluster black still need to sand it smooth again because i painted it in the wind and it turned out pretty bad but this is the general idea. can't tell in the pictures but the dash matches the trim pieces I made to cover the holes and metal left from previous install I am not sure if I want to make another piece that goes along the top or not.

IMG_20120329_00013.jpg

Water temp gauge is just resting in there will be an oil pressure gauge but that is still in the truck at the moment so I can start it and move it without oil oozing out of the line.

Now as you can see there are a few small holes at the bottom from something unknown being mounted not sure if i want to fill them or just leave them as is they are quite small.

Do the added gauges look out of place to you guys? oil pressure is black and matches tach when it goes in.

Sorry if the post isn't the most coherent thing just can't decide!

Thanks

Nathyne

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think your idea is good, however I would put an volt meter ont he left and an oil pressure gauge on the right using these stock 720 gauges.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/39255-720-st-gauges-for-sale/

These would be more uniform in looks and be an easy install in your dash cluster, not to mention they are OEM. Just be sure and use the correct sending units for the gauges.