I've tried everything....(almost)

Booger

Hey guys, I have a 72 510 with a KA24DE (95 Nissan 240sx engine/transmission) and I'm trying to get my auto meter ultra lite speedo (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-4488/) to work. I've pretty much tried everything, done my research and I've gotten no where. Here's what I have;

I have power going to the speedo, correct ground, correct lighting etc....I have tried to connect the signal wire from the gauge to the pin on the ecu, but ive got nothing. I tried to connect the wire from the gauge straight to the wires coming out of the speedo attached to the transmission, but nothing happens. I've done the "calibration test" after trying each of these different ways. Anyone have any info? I've looked online, i have the directions that came with the gauge.....Having said all of that, I'm not the best with wires but I usually get this stuff to work. I have successfully wired up my auto meter tach/water temp/oil/fuel, so I know its not beyond me lol.

thanks in advance

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally figured it out. For those of you interested, heres how I did it;

Hook up the ground, power, and lighting wires correctly (on the speedo). Then, locate the signal port (mine was at the upper left....looking at the back of the speedo). After you have done all that, don't waste your time locating anything on the ECU. Instead, go under the car and locate the two wires coming out of the speed sensor, and splice into the "HIGH" wire. I used a T crimp to do this and connected one end of the "High/signal" wire spice and ran a wire to the speedo signal port. As for the second wire coming out of your speed sensor, cut that wire and run it to ground.

At first, I didn't run the second speed sensor wire to ground and my speedometer only worked +40mph. After I ran that wire to ground, my speedometer worked flawlessly.

Once everything is hooked up, do the correct calibration and your done!!! :thumbup: