1980 210/ b310

Nelsontr

Im not the best with wires... running all kinds of directions.

here is the issue, when the lights are in the off position: constant = off, with breaks= both on. when set to running lights: constant= both on, with breaks= passenger side gets bright and driver side dims. same issue with the head lamps on: constant is both on and when the break is used, the passenger side lights up brighter but the driver side dims. i have replaced the bulbs and fuses, even the twist on wire connectors got swapped out for tube style crush connections... but my issue persists. if anyone out there has had the same problem, i was wondering if you could diagnose (possibly a faulty bulb socket or bad ground set up, ect...) without pictures. i can get some and put 'em up later if needed.

Thank you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick check on correct bulbs if that hasn't been done yet. Should be 1157 and 1156 type.

2057 bulbs are wired different internally but will install into the same socket. I've seen this more than anything causing weird lighting issues.

Another note is why are there wire nuts and splices? May be a incorrect repair someone has made in the past. I'm sure someone here has a diagram to verify how it should be but check basics first.

Im not the best with wires... running all kinds of directions.

here is the issue, when the lights are in the off position: constant = off, with breaks= both on. when set to running lights: constant= both on, with breaks= passenger side gets bright and driver side dims. same issue with the head lamps on: constant is both on and when the break is used, the passenger side lights up brighter but the driver side dims. i have replaced the bulbs and fuses, even the twist on wire connectors got swapped out for tube style crush connections... but my issue persists. if anyone out there has had the same problem, i was wondering if you could diagnose (possibly a faulty bulb socket or bad ground set up, ect...) without pictures. i can get some and put 'em up later if needed.

Thank you.

Oh you mean brakes! Ha ha I was like wtf? Twist on Marr connectors tell me someone has cut into them for a trailer maybe, and you may have replaced them but they may have been wrong from before. Where are the connectors? The trunk? I would go back to these connectors and check the the color codes match between wires that are connected.