? on an SR20

Emptytank

I recently purchased an SR20DET to swap into my Roadster. It arrived banded to a pallet and I want to put it on my engine stand, but I don't really know where to hook up the lift chains.

On the side the intake is on is easy, the steel mount is right there, but the other side has some threaded bosses but I dont want to cause any damage to it.

100_0591.jpg

Not sure on this side

100_0593.jpg

I figured the same place the band is would be a good 'grab' spot

Thanks in advance for suggestions

Mick

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just find a meaty bolt on the opposite corner and it'll be fine. Just get a fair amount of thread into the head first.

If they can lift big block v8s with trannies by those little carb plates supported by 4 10mm bolts...one meaty bolt on the opposite corner should be more then enough.

Intake bolts are usually pretty stout, if you can get to one of them. If not...thread a bolt in for the bellhousing near the top so you can still attach the stand to it.

There should be a metal "Hook" somewhere on the motor. I know there it is one my sr20det and that is what use to lift the engine. Majik is rigth too tho, find two spots on the block you can run a good bolt into on oppsite side of the motor and lift it up, just make sure your chain won't crush anything when the motor take the slack out from being lifted.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40399-its-on-got-a-swap-for-my-210/page__st__40

Look at the second to last pic in my tread on the third tab, you'll see a large golden tab with a big hole in it, that's the engine hoist hook. Looking at your pics, it would seem the one on yours was removed. :hmm:

http://community.rat...10/page__st__40

Look at the second to last pic in my tread on the third tab, you'll see a large golden tab with a big hole in it, that's the engine hoist hook. Looking at your pics, it would seem the one on yours was removed. :hmm:

It does look like mine was removed, but the good thing is now I know where to bolt on on and get to work on this.

Thanks for all the responses

Mick

It does look like mine was removed, but the good thing is now I know where to bolt on on and get to work on this.

Thanks for all the responses

Mick

Thanks again to all who responded. Lonestar. that was exactly the info I was lookiing for, I made a bracket, bolted it to those two bosses and it was the perfect place to hook to, the balance was near perfect!.

My engine is now bolted to my engine stand and ready for some work on my cracked upper oil pan :( (anybody have a spare?)