Power Draw?

rsdaumer

Hey everyone. Getting ready to move to baton rouge next week and trying to get my 620 up to the task. it runs fine as long as you dont have the lights on, then the voltage drops dramatically at the battery. i changed the voltage regulator but that hasnt fixed the problem. there's an aftermarket radio the PO installed but its not hooked up (he had it wired to the power wire for the hazard lights, wtf?) and he hooked up trailer wires to the back of the truck so im gonna check if they are short circuiting or anything. going to take the alternator to auto zone to have them test it. anyone else have any ideas? i did some research on here but 'really find anything. i appreciate the constant help guys!

Russ

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

take the alternator and tell them to LOAD test it.

I know the NAPA close to me has a LOad tester soemplaces just ck the voltage but most put a load on there now but ask.

First off if you got say arounds 13.5 to say 14.3 volts your volt reg is good.

But put on the lights .or wipers or just the heater fan and see it dropping then usually its the alternator getting weak.

order the correct alternator for your year truck so you know its a perfect fit