Rear suspension

Wanted to share info and oics of the upgrade to my 72 510's rear suspension.I collected parts for the last 5 years to complete upgrade.To start I purchased an extra crossmember,pressed the outer bushings out and cleaned out the openings,opened up exhaust opening to 3",installed Byron Meston designed caster/camber adjusters,pressed out control arm bushings,bearings,took all to the media blaster.Brought parts home and POR-15'ed everything.Pressed all bearing,bushings,seals in.Crossmember outer bushings are NOS,I didnt use any poly bushings.Did the DQ rear crossmember washer modification.Installed NOS rear brake cylinders,springs and hardware.Also purchased a Subaru 3.70 LSD third member,installed new clutch pack,seals/gaskets and added a Perrin high capacity rear cover,NOS cover bolts and plugs.Redline synthetic fluid and modifier,then reinstalled Troy Ermish coilovers. P5220444.jpgP5220443.jpgP5220442.jpgP5220440.jpgP5220439.jpgP5240445.jpgP5240446.jpgP5240450.jpgP5240451.jpgP5240452.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CV axle kits are next,as for shock mounts they are plenty strong,its not like I am pushing major hp!!!

it's not that, it's just if you hit a hard bump, you might grenade your arm, although after re reading the thread i posted, it might be because people take out the bump stops

DAT510: It is because people take and cut the stock spring coils and remove the bump stops to lower the car and tend to forget that while doing hard starts the rearend squats hard mashing the control arms into the under carrage fatiguing and damaging the metal,then while under load it grenades like the oic in your link.Suspension upgrades need to be researched and done right the first time,thats why it took me the time to finish mine right the first time.Believe me it was worth the time it took.

DAT510: It is because people take and cut the stock spring coils and remove the bump stops to lower the car and tend to forget that while doing hard starts the rearend squats hard mashing the control arms into the under carrage fatiguing and damaging the metal,then while under load it grenades like the oic in your link.Suspension upgrades need to be researched and done right the first time,thats why it took me the time to finish mine right the first time.Believe me it was worth the time it took.

just looking out :lol: dunno much, but i try to save people from destroying their cars :)