WTB - 2 door 510

hey guys, I'm looking for a 2 door 510 for a secondary driver, but one that's fit for aggressive driving. Always wanted a 510, and with the recent totaling of my s2000 crying.gif i now have the chance of owning one.

Looking for an sr20 swap, one done right without cutting corners, in good working order that's fairly reliable, i dont know the price range that this would fall under but im in business for up to $6k

I am open to other options (engine wise), wont hurt to offer!

I live in east tennessee, but purchasing a car is worth a few hours drive

thanks for looking

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Sounds like you could get one for that cash, the problem will be finding one in TN! I gotta wonder how many 510's are in TN, let alone a Sr swap.

Good luck with the hunt!

I kind-of want to build one, but i have to shell, no engine, and no datsun or nissan experience....

The guys here can get you through anything and are free with the knowledge for sure. Do you have swap experience? The first advise they will give you is to keep it simple first. Meaning, some suspension upgrades, maybe a simple direct bolt in l20b engine. And enjoy it that way for a while. Get to know the car. Then after everything else is straightened out, think about the swap. Gather everything you will need for the Sr before you touch the engine hoist.

Sounds like pretty fatherly advise, but they've seen too many new Datsun owners jump into a involved swap too soon, lose interest and have to sell a half finished project.

The next thing to think about is buying one from the west coast already swapped and having it shipped to you. About a grand to ship to TN I'd guess. Or get a solid one, buy a plane ticket one way and drive it home.

I think you can dig up a Stocker in TN eventually. SR might be a longer wait while the cash burns a hole in your pocket.

...totaling my s2000 was the first car wreck i've ever been in, and it happened because I was on bald tires and i hydroplaned.

Don't worry about Hainz's post. He can come off a little like the grumpy old man of Ratsun at times. :lol: But we love him for it.

Let us know a bit of your knowledge with cars. Can you weld, ever pulled an engine? 510s are pretty easy to learn the basics on.

Don't worry about Hainz's post. He can come off a little like the grumpy old man of Ratsun at times. :lol: But we love him for it.

Let us know a bit of your knowledge with cars. Can you weld, ever pulled an engine? 510s are pretty easy to learn the basics on.

I've never welded.

I understand the steps of swapping an engine, and I'm pretty confident I would be able to, but i haven't before and im eager to learn through the experience.

My friend's brother had a 530whp 280z that started as a roller, he helped his brother through most of it, and i know he'd love to help me if i needed it.

Hey do you still have the s2000 motor or can you buy the car BACK, u had the BEST setup why are you looking around for a motor and a swap and have the hole thing?????

because the engine had 167k miles, i'm still debating weather to take the $ or car and the $, $7,200 w/o car, $4,300 with car

but i can sell the Mugen hardtop, Maybe be able to use the Megan coilovers?, i dont know how much i could part it for though... and i dont know of any shops in knoxville that could fab me up some motor and trans mounts, or where i could get a driveshaft...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.