No power from ignition to starter

Hurley

I did a engine and trans swap and went from an auto to manual trans. Now my ignition switch won't turn the starter. It will turn over if I bypass it. Any sugestions would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old automatic had an interlock switch so you could only start it in PARK or NEUTRAL . You will need to find these two wires and join them. These wires will both be Black/Yellow stripe.

Thanks Mike. I thought it was something like that but didn't know what to do about it.

The old automatic had an interlock switch so you could only start it in PARK or NEUTRAL . You will need to find these two wires and join them. These wires will both be Black/Yellow stripe.

Do you know if they would be under the hood or dash?

It's the start signal from the key when in the START position. It goes from the ignition switch to the starter solenoid, but first it detours to the transmission interlock switch. You can only join it there. Go to your starter and follow the solenoid wire to the rear beside the transmission. It's probably taped to the reverse light wiring. Please don't say you didn't bother with reverse lights. :)