KA24e ecu/chip

SKkeeterZ

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the worth buying, I mean I can feel a change in my truck after the header was installed, would it be worth buying one, I'm not looking for tons for power just a little more than now

I have no idea, and I dont think they are plug-n-play. They are for tuning your ECU. I have a carb motor, not this new fancy stuff! Lol.

Single O2 sensor? Is it upstream of the CAT? If it takes it reading after the exhaust goes through the CAT you will have problems, otherwise it should be fine.

There is a single o2 sensor on the header, and I think that's it I have really poked around the truck that much

There is a single o2 sensor on the header, and I think that's it I have really poked around the truck that much

That is what I expected. If that is the case, you are good to go. (How will the computer know). But if you have to be DEQ'ed then you will probably need to cat to pass.

I know a lot of people who dont need to pass anything but visual inspection just hollow out the cat.

That is what I expected. If that is the case, you are good to go. (How will the computer know). But if you have to be DEQ'ed then you will probably need to cat to pass.

I know a lot of people who dont need to pass anything but visual inspection just hollow out the cat.

I found über sick 350z muffler on CL

I was think of for teh lulz and just replacing from the header back

Nistune is an expensive system, as is going through JWT to have your ECU tuned for you.

Nistune is a piggyback system that you have to solder into your ECU board. Lots of information on that if you google it.

It's primarily for those out there looking for the best of the best management system that run a Nissan, that don't want to invest in thousands of dollars worth of standalone management systems. Nistune would generally only give you a substantial gain if you're running boost.

To the best of my knowledge, Nistune must be purchased out of Australia, but I'm sure there are a few places here in the states that you could get your hands on one. They can either ship you the daughter board so you can install it yourself if you're comfortable with soldering and electronics, or you can send your ECU off to have it installed for you. I believe the latter includes a stock tune that you can build from there.

Nistune runs off a laptop and is pretty much fully functional, has a fancy GUI, etc. Youtube will show you more than I can tell you here.

JWT does tuning, but they also sell ECU's pre-mapped with whatever you want. I know of a few people in the Datsun community that runs this with their KA's. They also sell other miscellaneous bits for KA motors, I think they have a camshaft set for a twin cam? FWIW, I have never heard anything negative regarding JWT, but have heard lots of praise and recommendations.

In the end, if you're running a stock engine, I can't imagine the cost for either of those two systems being worth it. If you were boosted, absolutely. Which will bring you to the next stalemate - I am not sure we have any dyno tuning shops here in Southern Oregon. Hewitt's may be able to point you in the right direction, I heard some guy in Medford has a dyno but he doesn't advertise it.

Here's some links:

Nistune

http://www.nistune.com/

JWT / Jim Wolf Technology

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/

In addition, I think most of Jackson County does smog checks... I believe Gold Hill/Rogue River are exempt however.

my truck is a 1993 it has one more year of being tested

and my tags expire 7/13

... the chip i guess is out of the question

now i need to figure out what do for an exhaust