73 620 help

Ok so I've started tearin my datsun apart to clean and paint everything I am desperately in need of a 73 620 full complete wiring harness all of it with a gauge cluster and all plugs attached to harness with that I'm also in need of some help it's got a z series distributor and has a lead wire off it to the coil..... When I get a harness that works and put it all back together is it going to hurt it to put the wire back on the.coil with everything else properly hooked up to the coil??? Would love help plz and thanks .... John

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying someone put a Z series motor in it? This is needed info.

A Z series dizzy would be an EI set up with EI coil. The EI coil is wired up differently than a '73 wire harness.

Does it have the '73 external alternator on it too?

Maybe include everything you know about this truck and lots of pictures. First, why does it need a new harness? Where's the old one?

Ok so I've started tearin my datsun apart to clean and paint everything I am desperately in need of a 73 620 full complete wiring harness all of it with a gauge cluster and all plugs attached to harness with that I'm also in need of some help it's got a z series distributor and has a lead wire off it to the coil..... When I get a harness that works and put it all back together is it going to hurt it to put the wire back on the.coil with everything else properly hooked up to the coil??? Would love help plz and thanks .... John

Can you post some pics of this z dizzy? It's tough to find those early harnesses :( wouldn't mind having one myself. There's a '74 at pnp, but not sure if it's correct, or what shape it's in. Think i'll go check it out right now actually. I've got a matching engine and dash harness from a late 620. Why are you replacing the harness?

Well the trucks not the Prettyest so that's the need of cleaning and paint.... It's got an l20b in it wIth the factory cArb and the alternator is on the lower end of engine it works good considering it's the third one in a month..... So the problem started with the alternator... Then the voltage regulator and now the headlights but on toP of that the trucks got a dead short In it like im talkin goin 60 down i5 and hit a bump and the short kills the engine wherever it is whatever it is I've started locating grounds and cleaning those but the harness is in it partially still( the truck) and the cluster is sitting on my work bench ... But someone had their fun with wires and tape. Back in this trucks life and nOw she's not havin it... Help me plz I'd love to be cruzin in her rather thAn my heep... Text for pics I'm not a Internet guru ...503-616-1292 thank you for your help ... John

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.