WTB: 40 DCOE 2 or 45 DCOE

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends. New ones are going from $370. If the 40 is already jetted to be in a dual set-up and the 45 in a single, that would be a bonus (for a L20B, unknown internal mods.) Here is what I have: a dual intake with one usable 40 DCOM, with jets and venturis that shouldn't even exist, and a single intake with a 40 DCOE 2 that is jetted pretty close to what Weber advises for a dual set-up. So, I can get a used 40-2 and spend some money on jets to be the same as the one I have now, or get a 45 and roll with a single set-up.

Well, I won't even comment on the 40 DCOM because the jets and aux. venturis do not make sense. For instance, have you ever heard of a aux venturi of 4.8, emulsion tube of F68 or idle jet of 62F21? Maybe they are custom? Anyway, my "normal" DCOE has 33 chokes with 4.5 aux venturis. The intake is a standard warneford. I understand Lynx is best? Maybe I should change this thread to wanting to buy one of those. :D

Warneford makes a high-quality manifold. It depends on the runner diameters whether the Lynx is any better. Hopefully they will be the same size as the cylinder head port diameter.

The aux venturis don't affect flow very much. The venturis are the key item.

So 33 mm venturis are the Weber book target for a 1.6 liter performance engine @ 6,000 RPM. Or perhaps for a stock L20B. A 40 DCOE can fit up to 36mm venturis for larger engines or higher revving engines.

45s start with 32mm venturis. For example a built L20B (not a stock one) might need 37mm venturis. A full-race 2-liter @ 8,000 RPM might benefit from 46mm venturis, hence 45mm bore carbs (or even 46mm SUs) would be too small.

Better to be a little too small than too big. The dyno (or track measurements) can tell you what is optimum.

• 2 weeks later...

In respect to a single side draft Weber...

Is the Lynx manifold considered a plenum manifold? A Cannon manifold, that fits the same carb, doesn't have a 'chamber', so I'm thinking it is not a plenum manifold.

The Lynx manifolds are like 2x (or more) than the Cannon manifolds. Is the performance of the Lynx that much better than the Cannon?

Seems like DOCE 45 are more available new than the DOCE 40. E-bay has them for $370 + free shipping (buy it now).

Thanks

Far from being "considered", i've never heard anyone talk about it regarding single side-drafts. People fit them because they are convenient, not because they have worked out the performance.

I have never seen a dyno test comparing a single side-draft to dual side-drafts. Or even comparing it to a stock manifold.

Warneford single (you can still buy these brand new)

16422.jpg

Your right David... the manifold does appear to be available for a single side draft Weber. Redline and Pierce Manifolds offer a kit that includes carb and manifold.

FYI... TWM was purchased by Borla. They are Fuel injection heavy... couldn't find any carb manifolds on their site. Thought they do offer a fuel injection kit for the side draft SU manifold that many of us have.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.