back at it!!!

dirtboy411

its been awhile and plans went south, hadnt been home all summer in 2011. got my bird home to where im staying at now and plan on doing something noones done before. when i first got on here i planned on keepin the rl1600 stock, rebuild it and all that good stuff. ive had a long enough wait and time to think bout this. im taking the motor out, keeping the interior orginal and orginal paint. i was gonna swap the ka24e outta my 89 240sx coupe and put a sr20det into it and use the single cammer for the 411sss. but id rather not now. its been done by a few peeps already. not that its bad but i just dont want to go that way anymore. ive found something better!!!!! i know im gonna get shit for it but hey feed my fuel for the passion ive found for fabrication. nothing is impossible just gotta find the path to least resistance. :) so here it goes. it is a t-type for those not familiar with this motor, it comes out of a 86'-89' buick grand national. its a v6 turbo pushing 279bhp stock. curb weight of the buick roughly 3500lbs, curb weight of my 1967 rl411 is roughly 2000lbs. its gonna be a monster.

272b47f7.jpg

this is what im after. hopefully ive found it. just a matter of getting paid and picking it up.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with ggzilla. It will be sweet if you finish it but a driving datsun with a mild swap rocks a lot harder than a rolling shell in the garage.

Plus the datsun gods send lightning bolts at people who don't finish swaps.

i agree.... but i deffinately understand where hes coming from.... id rather have a swap no one else has, and for it to be the motor i want, instead of going the easiest route and be like everyone else

i cant wait to see how it goes there dirtboy411, and good luck

Swapping a 1.6 liter for a 3.8 liter is not considered a mild swap. And a GN engine is not a mild engine.

Now I've never heard of a V6 in a 411, so you might have a unique vehicle when it is done.

hahaha i know i know. i wasnt trying to be dramatic about it. its gonna be some work and i dont plan on getting rid of the car, EVER!! so i might as well start the project of my life while im young. it'll be a learning experience definitely and hopefully someone can and will copy my first.

I was going to say that's a mild swap?! Haha

I did a j15 swap, changed the oilpan and poof done. .2 liters more and call it a day.

Like I said though awesome if you follow through I'm not hating at all. Just don't give up and let it sit is all.

i respect evryones opinion and also was expecting a bunch of hating going on as well. lolz thanks guys for the support. :) heres some boobes ( .Y. )

Hey if you want any tips or pic's on how to do it ....I have that motor in my 411 goon.Although I went with a Holly 4 barrel instead of a turbo. do to the lack of room for exhaust plumbing for the turbo & Did'nt want to have to deal with a CPU. put a H.E.I. dist. in there and you go.,

The only problem there is with that motor is that you have to put a high pressure oil pump in.they have problems keeping oil pressure over 10 to 12 psi at operating temp at idle..Anyways ...Good luck on the build If you have any questions shoot me a :P.M...

Oh Yeah,I forgot to tell ya ..Mine has been in there since 1990.....

NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol. well ill have the first sedan then atleast. hahaha. thanks man ill keep in mind and would most likely hit you up about it once i get the motor.

ookkkaaayyy... this sucks but then you gotta pay to be the boss around town right. theres no way i can get the buick v6 turbo motor cus noone has it. and the guy i was gonna get it from sold it to someone else. rat bastard!!! but came to the conclusion of a s14 sr20det going in the 411. its going down and its going to be the first.

We suspected you wouldn't get it done -- we've heard talk like that before.

It is possible to get an SR20DET swap in a 411, so best wishes. Cut & weld, she'll go in. Can't wait for the photos.

yeahhh. if i can still find a buick gn ill go through with the swap. i never got discouraged or anything like that. ive been searching 7 different cities for this motor and the only guy who had one sold it the day before i got paid. i had talked to him about the motor and everything. so the next best thing is the SR swap. i have a couple weeks til i start putting money on a motor, so until then my search isnt over for the v6. im not settling for anything else except one of those 2 motors.