1975 620 Longbed

KC Phirus

It was such a good example that I thought I would share it for those of you who never saw it.

I no longer own this truck. I was young and broke. Had to trade it for something I could afford to drive bye.gif

The new owner decided to blow it up a half hour later (He figured it was ok to drive another 10 miles even if it said it was overheating) It was low on water dry.gif

Anyways. It was a beautiful 1975 Datsun 620 Longbed with an L20B and an Automatic Transmission with around 129k miles on it. No modifications besides some funky square headlights.

It drove great with the automatic and was the first car I ever pegged the spedo in.

31216500002_large.jpg

31216500004_large.jpg

31216500005_large.jpg

The fender dent was repaired but those pics are long lost.

31216500006_large.jpg

31216500007_large.jpg

31216500008_large.jpg

31216500010_large.jpg

31216500011_large.jpg

31216500013_large.jpg

The new owner shaved the lasagna noodle head, painted it satin black, and flipped the springs. Posted it on craigslist as "smokes cause its old yo"

Haven't seen it since.

Too bad really. I would have bought it back. this went with it-

31216500017_large.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

It was such a good example that I thought I would share it for those of you who never saw it.

I no longer own this truck. I was young and broke. Had to trade it for something I could afford to drive bye.gif

The new owner decided to blow it up a half hour later (He figured it was ok to drive another 10 miles even if it said it was overheating) It was low on water dry.gif

Anyways. It was a beautiful 1975 Datsun 620 Longbed with an L20B and an Automatic Transmission with around 129k miles on it. No modifications besides some funky square headlights.

It drove great with the automatic and was the first car I ever pegged the spedo in.

Whats this "peg the speedo"??? the 620 speedo dosent "PEG" it keeps going around how do i know??? I've done "P" on speedo many times recently went "H"

Guest kamakazi620

H on the MPH

somewhere round 140 I'm guessing. The front end wasn't touching the ground too well.

If your ever at canby or in oregon i'll give you a ride Skibs rode with me when i chirped 3rd with a L16..........

Guest kamakazi620

I'll take you up on that.

We gonna jam afterwards right?

Speaking of chirping third, check out my van I just posted in non dato projects.

Nice!!! But NOT smallest of Econolines!!! This is the Smallest i had one for a minute

econoline.jpg

Guest kamakazi620

I'll take you up on that.

We gonna jam afterwards right?

Speaking of chirping third, check out my van I just posted in non dato projects.

You play??? What you play Guitar?? Drums?

Nice!!! But NOT smallest of Econolines!!! This is the Smallest i had one for a minute

econoline.jpg

Smallest for the year, sorry.

I saw one of those in Texas. It had sliding doors on both sides and a tiny inline 6 between the seats.

You play??? What you play Guitar?? Drums?

I'd say I'm a bass player. I play a little guitar, can play the drums, and I've been playing keys for a while and loving it. Used to play alto sax but its been a while.

Bass is my #1 though.

• 4 months later...

I took apart my speedo dust cover on my 1980 720 extra cab 2.0 about 10 years ago to clean out the dust. I bumped something and it went amist? Since then it stays pegged all the time, even at a stand still. the mileage reader works fine. anyone know how I can fix the speedo part of it ???