Watanabe 15x6.5, 4x114.3, 35mm offset

PRICE DROP: 900 cash, picked up in SF. As the title states, Vintage JDM Watanabe F8F 15x6.5, 4x114.3, 35mm offset. These wheels retail at $500 a piece without centercap, tires were in the neighborhood of $125 with install, iirc. That means; I paid 500 for tires, and you could get authentic Wats for 400 bucks. Not separating, not wasting time, possibly interested in trades for other 14"-15" wheels.

Fits Nissan, Toyota, Datsun, some Honda's, all 4x114.3 (4x4.5") lug patterns.

Freshly powder-coated in satin black (some gloss, but not gaudy), with Yokohama S-Drive 195/45 tires. Tires have approximately 1,000 miles on them but the Watanabe wheels have not been driven on since re-finishing at Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara (cost $500 for strip and powdercoat). Wheels are a little dusty with sawdust. edit: Wheels have now been driven on about 150 miles.

I was saving these in the garage for auto-cross/trackdays (tires work quite well on a lighter car, and despite the low profile, the sidewalls absorb a bit of impact - nearest I can describe it to is the difference between a Pirelli vs a Dunlop or Michelin for bump compliance).

This is the classic, old-school 8 spoke wheel from which all the other versions spawned (like Panasports, and the similar but cheaper replica Rotas/XXR's). These are so completely O.G. that they're featured on cars in GT5 and Forza.

PM or email, would prefer to sell these to a fellow Ratsuner and not on CL. I'm in San Francisco.

Price DROP $900 with tires, no centercaps

Just in time for Christmas!

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_1.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_2.jpg

forza_datsun.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title states, Vintage JDM Watanabe F8F 15x6.5, 4x114.3, 35mm offset. These wheels retail at $500 a piece without centercap, tires were in the neighborhood of $125 with install, iirc.

Fits Nissan, Toyota, Datsun, some Honda's, all 4x114.3 (4x4.5") lug patterns.

Freshly powder-coated in satin black (some gloss, but not gaudy), with Yokohama S-Drive 195/45 tires. Tires have approximately 1,000 miles on them but the Watanabe wheels have not been driven on since re-finishing at Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara (cost $500 for strip and powdercoat). Wheels are a little dusty with sawdust.

I was saving these in the garage for auto-cross/trackdays (tires work quite well on a lighter car, and despite the low profile, the sidewalls absorb a bit of impact - nearest I can describe it to is the difference between a Pirelli vs a Dunlop or Michelin for bump compliance).

Will come with authentic centercaps (never installed) that I purchased from Watanabe Racing Sevices in Japan for $135.

This is the classic, old-school 8 spoke wheel from which all the other versions spawned (like Panasports, and the similar but cheaper replica Rotas/XXR's). These are so completely O.G. that they're featured on cars in GT5 and Forza.

PM or email, would prefer to sell these to a fellow Ratsuner and not on CL. I'm in San Francisco.

Price: $1,000

Just in time for Christmas!

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0833.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_1.jpg

EigerNordwandKTrail_2.jpg

forza_datsun.jpg

SICK, wish I had 1k :(

• 3 months later...

Did you have these on a 510?If so did they rub at all on the inside?I am interested but need to sell some Revolution 3 peice racing wheels to come up with the funds. Thanks, Brian

Did you have these on a 510?If so did they rub at all on the inside?I am interested but need to sell some Revolution 3 peice racing wheels to come up with the funds. Thanks, Brian

Hey Hurley,

I did have them mounted to a 510 running stock struts and brakes up front (with lowering springs and adjusted for low camber) and lowered springs in back with QA shocks. I had to use 12-15mm spacers for a perfect fit under the body, and they cleared without rolling anything. I then fell in love with a set of 14" wheels, so I gave the Watanabes over to Wheel Techniques and they powdercoated them. I mounted the tires back on so I'd have a spare set in case I ever got a flat or wanted a change of looks. I misplaced my spacers, so I can't measure anything for you to tell you exactly, but that's the benefit of high offset wheels - you can build them outboard to fit perfectly. I also run extended studs on all four corners, but that's a bit of a job to replace all of them, so it might be easier to buy the pre-fabricated spacers with integrated studs in 15mm size from ichiba. I know these wheels were also run on an AE86 Toyota (I bought them from a guy in Sacramento), but he was using massive 1" spacers I believe.

Anyway, good luck selling your other rims - these are outstanding and just sitting nicely in my garage under a protective blanket. The 15's really fill the wheel wells nicely, and these tires are great performers. I'm near Cow Palace in San Francisco, btw.

Cheers,

Liam

Man, if you werent all the way in San Fran I would pick these up. GLWS

Thanks man. I'm not in a rush to sell these, so who knows, maybe you'll make a roadtrip one day. I drove my dime up to Seattle after JCCS last year, a fantastic 3,000 mile roadtrip and the car didn't skip a beat.

Cheers,

Liam

Do you have any pictures of them on your 510. I will be heading to the city the 3rd week of april. If you still have them I will get in touch.I have my wheels sold but I'm cleaning them up before I send them out . Brian

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.