B210 Hood Lift

JAS

What can be done about the hood lifting up (not unlatching) at high speed, above 55? i have tried to adjust the tension on the spring, but that does not work, as it also drives the latch pin further up so it wont latch. Air pushing up under the hood is lifting it almost an inch. Maybe getting a stronger spring???

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the spring, it pushes the hood up already.

The latch might flex but the spring is there so when you pull the hood release, it raises above the lock , and onto the safty latch. id do alittle latch maintenence and loik for stuck, wore out pieces

To close a Datsun hood properly, you generally need to do the same as for a Ford hood:

1. Lower it until it is about a 18" above the radiator

2. Let it drop

If it still doesn't latch properly without pushing down on it, then adjust the latch. See the Datsun factory service manual for the procedure.

I am getting a tig/mig welder for xmas, Will be welding it up and re-painting the cracks. I am afraid if it gets worse, it will rip out and hood over the winshield thing... Had a 521 pick up do that at 80 mph once on the highway. Bad deal.