last chance 620 stuff

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to spray the cowl screws with some PB Blaster, after having a layer of leaves adn pine needles on it for 20 years they got rusted pretty good, so Im not super optimistic about the wiper stuff, but I will still look tomorrow after thats soaked in.

Price to ship to Canada was wicked high, about $45 for the valve cover!

And Ill be honest, I forgot to get a price on the dually adaptors.

Had to spray the cowl screws with some PB Blaster, after having a layer of leaves adn pine needles on it for 20 years they got rusted pretty good, so Im not super optimistic about the wiper stuff, but I will still look tomorrow after thats soaked in.

Thanks for trying! Heck, someone might want to buy the cowl now.

After you get the cowl off, soak the nuts that hold down the piviots next. There are three per pivot, six total.

There are two screws to a small cover, and the nut on the wiper motor as well. Wouldn't hurt to hit those.

The trick is backing out the nuts that hold the piviots. They are held by a plastic base that breaks easily.

If the plastic triangle piviot bases weren't broken by a hood flying open, and it all moves smoothly after you

remove the linkage from the wiper motor, just remove those small nuts carefully. For every turn off I would

back them on a quarter turn, to help keep the threads from clogging up with rust and muck. Good Luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.