fuel tanks

Iam new to this whole restoration experience. I just bought 71 pl 521 datsun. I install a new weber 32/36 carb, but i have problems with the fuel tank being rusted inside, and i cant find an oem fuel sending unit and neither a turn signal switch. Are there any specific universal components or oem equipment I can use. I will post some pics of my new datsun soon.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved this to Datsun Parts Wanted.

You can remove the sending unit and put several hand fulls of coarse gravel in and roll it around to loosen any scale an rust. Rinse out. Well there's restoring as in replacing with new parts and then there's restoring by modifying other parts and making it work. Now if this was a '70 Camaro I say you just need a check book as almost every part is available on line. The 521 isn't so lucky so unless you can find an old one in a yard you may have to settle for making do. I recently looked up the part number for the rubber O ring for these tanks and the 620 and 720s were the same... so, I would assume these senders would physically fit and 'bolt in' to the 521. You may need to bend the float up or down so it reads empty properly. As for the gauge the 620 and 720s will work with either sender and so I would imagine the 521 is no different.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.