P90a L28 Head

Looks like my N47 is a loss. I haven't heard from the machinist that was supposed to do the port and polish, in over 3 months, and I'm about to say "screw it".

I believe Darrel had a P90a, back in the Summer. If he or anyone else still has one they're willing to let go for cheap, I'm in the market, for sure, now. Head would have to be shipped to Jefferson City, MO... local pickup would be nice if there is anyone in my area.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt recommend a P90A.

if you want the P90 chamber get the early P90 (no "A")

the P90A is a hydro lifter head, which isnt bad but when they go out or start ticking your screwed.

there is no replacement for the stock hydro lifters, factory, after market, or other wise.

the only way of saving it when that happens is convert it to mechanical lifters.

the P90 is stock with mechanical lifters. found on 81 and early 82 280zx turbos.

but Id start with going down to the shop in person and finding out where the hell your head is lol

wouldnt recommend a P90A.

if you want the P90 chamber get the early P90 (no "A")

the P90A is a hydro lifter head, which isnt bad but when they go out or start ticking your screwed.

there is no replacement for the stock hydro lifters, factory, after market, or other wise.

the only way of saving it when that happens is convert it to mechanical lifters.

the P90 is stock with mechanical lifters. found on 81 and early 82 280zx turbos.

but Id start with going down to the shop in person and finding out where the hell your head is lol

Going to the shop, in person, would require a 15 hour drive. And I don't ever want to touch Colorado, again.

Oh, and my block is from an 83 ZX Turbo... so, I figure P90a would be the best match. I don't know what in the nine circles of Hell it was doing with an N47 head on it... but that's how I got the engine. The dished pistons were a dead giveaway. But if Z experts are telling me to use the P90, then I have to take that into consideration, for certain.

I have a head for a 81 280zx turbo ( I have the short block too) that says p90 on it. I have no knowledge of it other than the car had 130,xxx on the odo when i pulled the motor. I have no idea how to ship anything, and dont even know what it's worth.

I have a head for a 81 280zx turbo ( I have the short block too) that says p90 on it. I have no knowledge of it other than the car had 130,xxx on the odo when i pulled the motor. I have no idea how to ship anything, and dont even know what it's worth.

Figure out how much you want for it, and I'll buy it, and pay for shipping.

Mind if I get a few pics, so I can see what kind of condition it's in? That way I can make you an initial offer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.