need help!!! su's linakge questions

james610

i just bought some dual su's flat head carbs, not sure how to hook them up... i am putting them on a 74' 610 l20b... i know i need to hook up the stock linkage, do i need to hook up some kind of cable linkage also? if u have pics of how this is supposed 2 look it would b helpful... thanks...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be nearly the same as 510 if you have mechanical twig'n'berries linkage.

I'll grab some pics of mine on my L20b using stock linkage tomorrow if you don't find a solution by then.

Does your SU linkage look like this?

100_2104-1.jpg

If so, the hook from your original downdraft carb will hook right into the loop at the end.

If you have a cable setup, you will have to source the linkage kit to match mine: 99996-D1110 (Linkage Kit)

After that, there are some additional modifications that help 610s get full throttle. Hit me up PM and I can tell you how to do it.

• Like 1

Does your 610 already have the cable setup? If not, then go with the mechanical linkage. It works just fine, and no issues with fabrication. There is just one modification that has to be done on the OE linkage on the firewall...no big deal, just something I came across during my build that will help you.

The J-hook has a lot of adjustability: just pull on it.

And I see yours is missing the part where the J-Hook "hooks" into. You will need something there, otherwise you will be having to do the work for the cable setup with Heim joints. The Part Number I listed above has the part in it for the fix. And it gives you brand new parts for your rebuild.

i have the j-hook connected just need help connecting & buying/fabricating the cables... my car does not have the cables... also were do i connect the vacuum hose that comes from the distributor...

these are zerow's carbs...

sucarb.jpg

There is a small vacuum port on the front carb. That is the connection for the vacuum advance on the distributor.

The cables are for choke. If the carbs are adjusted ever so slightly rich, you will not need them (here in California anyway...)