210 - 5 SPEED TRANNY

This NEWBIE is looking for a 5 speed tranny from a 210 preferably from August 1979 to 1982. But can use an earlier model as long as it

is from the 210

The input and output shafts should be 20mm (about 25/32") diameter and 18 spline.

The serial number on top of the bell housing should begin with the letter "F" (FL, FA, FX etc. OK). The number "60" is cast into the right side of the main case.

These transmissions come from the Datsun 210, but the model number for these cars, imbedded in the Serial Number, is B310. The model number for the transmission,

FS5W60A, is sometimes found on the Serial Number plate on the firewall. This is not found on the transmission.

I will need to get the gearshift lever, throwout bearing carrier and clutch release fork. THANKS IN ADVANCE

datsun_orginal.jpgI

transs1.jpg

transs2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This NEWBIE is looking for a 5 speed tranny from a 210 preferably from August 1979 to 1982. But can use an earlier model as long as it

is from the 210

transs2.jpg

This one seems to fit the description of an '80 and up 5 speed

Better picture for you?

29a78088.jpg

This one seems to be an earlier one but is obviously an FS5W60A and not the dogleg. Do you happen to know the date of manufacture of the B-310 this came out of?

This one seems to fit the description of an '80 and up 5 speed

This one seems to be an earlier one but is obviously an FS5W60A and not the dogleg. Do you happen to know the date of manufacture of the B-310 this came out of?

Moved this to Datsun Partsd Wanted. Free TTT.

I can't remember what year vehicle this came out of. I want to say 79 but I'm not 100% positive. It did have the same dogleg shift pattern.

This one is dogleg shift pattern???

are you sure?

ff709b23.jpg

It doesn't have the large nut on the bottom that holds the internal linkage that allows rev to be above 1st.

Its the tranny on the right. The big nut just ahead of the mount ares. All doglegs have this.

F463andNAPSdogleg.jpg

I see what you mean.

ee51ff66.jpg

It did have the oddball dogleg shift pattern. I sold it about 3 years ago? To a guy who was putting it in a mg I believe. A little roadster looking car. I think an adapter is required for their swap. Rivergate comes to mind. I got good money for that tranny. I had a few east coast people respond to my c-list ad. They were hard up for it but shipping something that big/heavy sucks.

Yeah the picture above is the FS5W63A dogleg from the earlier B-210??? I think only used till Feb '78, after then an FS5W60L series was used untill July '79 when it was again replaced with w regular shift FS5W60A 5 speed. The info I have is

63A dogleg (option) '76-Feb '78 when the B-210 ended and B-310 (210) began

60L dogleg to July '79 (about a year and a half)

60A reg 5 speed from Aug '79 to the end of the 210.

Now I just have to wait for slodat to correct me.:lol:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.