My SOLD NL320

About 6-7 years ago I sold my light blue NL320 to a guy who lived near me in the SF Bay Area. It was alright body wise, but it had a A14 that I installed with dual SUs and lots of powder coating on the engine parts. I believe it also had a crunched rear corner. The truck ended up in SOCAL somewhere, maybe (818). I know this because I got a call from a guy who said he bought it from the guy I sold it to. He had a heavy accent and I could hardly understand him. I think his name might have been Luis.

I'm looking for this truck now, for two reasons. One- I want to know if it's for sale. Two- I want to know generally what happened to it. Most of the Datsuns I've sold over the years have ended up wrecked and this one was quite a project with lots of work left to do to make it a reliable driver, so I wouldn't be surprised if the guy gave up on it.

Any ideas guys?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas guys?

Was the phonecall recent- maybe on a phone bill? You could also contact the intermediate owner for info he might've retained. Whitepages.com has a reverse directory. DMV will be less than cooperative~ but if you buddy up an employee you *might* be able to get them to contact the new owner and give him/her your contact info and hope for the best. Check other online clubs, but do so with an honest heart, a white hat, and kid gloves~ lest you invoke protective instincts of those who might know him better than you.... If you've no luck, or not afraid to start over again there's one up the road from me @ Kelseyville Auto Dismantlers that's in fairly good condition given it's age. I'll post what pics I've got if you're interested....

Peace~

Scott

Was the phonecall recent- maybe on a phone bill? You could also contact the intermediate owner for info he might've retained. Whitepages.com has a reverse directory. DMV will be less than cooperative~ but if you buddy up an employee you *might* be able to get them to contact the new owner and give him/her your contact info and hope for the best. Check other online clubs, but do so with an honest heart, a white hat, and kid gloves~ lest you invoke protective instincts of those who might know him better than you.... If you've no luck, or not afraid to start over again there's one up the road from me @ Kelseyville Auto Dismantlers that's in fairly good condition given it's age. I'll post what pics I've got if you're interested....

Peace~

Scott

It was a while back, at a different address so I wouldn't have those records.

Am I interested in another 320NL? I guess I would consider one, but I just sold my L320 so maybe I'll wait a bit. I am really just curious what happened to the NL I sold.

But maybe a different car brand altogether. Datsuns are getting impossible to find good parts for. If it were a '59 Alfa Romeo, no problem...