Datsun 510 Reverse Cross Member and/or Swaybar

I am currently performing an engine swap in my 510. I have a front sump Z20E I am putting in.

Just wondering if anybody has a reversed cross-member they want to sell or trade.

I have a friend that could probably do it, but in the interest of saving time and money (plus not destroying another stock cross-member) I would rather see if somebody else already has one.

Also interested in a modified swaybar that is required for front-sump motors.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why just change the pan and pic up.

Yeah I have considered that, and at first it seemed to be the easiest answer. Here is the whole thread on the discussion: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35820-510-z20e-swap-questions/

Right now I have the stock 510 L16 oil pan, the stock Z20e (front sump) oil pan from the 200sx, and a rear sump oil pan from a Z22 720 pickup. Unfortunatley it seems like none of those will work without modification. And I am assuming to do the job correctly, I would need to modify both the oil pan and the pickup.

So that leaves me three options: Find an oil pan and pickup that will work on some other Z engine (which I do not know of any), modify the equipment I have, or reverse the cross member.

Currently it sounds like the last option may be the easiest. What do you think?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.