Vintage Nissan Emblem Shift Knob

I'm in the midst of doing the restoration of my 69 Nissan Patrol interior….not much left other than some of the smaller touches. I want a palm style shift knob with the old red and blue nissan emblem that was the evolution of the similar datsun logo but have thus far had no luck finding anything like this…..any ideas ?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was hoping to find one already made….but I will make one if I have to. Ive found some other pretty obscure knobs over the years, thought for sure I could find an older nissan emblem…..but no cigar as of yet. Good idea with the key fob though.

As for my Patrol, I dont have one on here yet but I suppose I need to start one here. Ive got one over on RMP-O.com which is a Patrol specific forum. Honestly, though I love Ratsun….and RMP, 720world, and ZCar.com I really wish there was a better forum for all Datsun/Nissan enthusiasts that eclipses all of the vehicles with followings up through the modern ones……Ratsun is the closest one but even it really is more of a Datsun site…..ah well.

What year is your Cedric ? Those never made it over to the US right ? I have a wish list of Datto/Nissan's that never made it over here……I would love one of the Carrier's, Juniors, 4-Door 720s, LWB Patrol…..but I've never had anything shipped over from another country….I know that it has to be at least 25 years old…..but thats the extent of my knowledge.

my cedric is a 1965 .. long term project... they were shipped to canada and the east coast of the US... i only know of 2 other survivors. see it here www.explorewellsgray.com/kermit

i would love to scoop one fo the early Prince Skylines that made it into the states... one surfaced in Montana not to many years ago. There's a 1964 Nissan transit bus i've got my eye on a few hundred miles away... major project though lol!

Sounds like a cool project. Interesting other prospects as well. My Holy Grail of the Nissan world is the Nissan Carrier…..but as far as I know they never made it over here so it could prove to be a "Holy Grail" indeed.

On another note I just purchased this Vintage Nissan Key Fob in case I'm unable to fine a knob already made.

Vintage Nissan Key Fob