Which Brake Lines when doing a 280zx swap

calistile

I have a 72 510. The entire brake system is stock other than the master cylinder, which I saw was from a VW.

I have a 280zx master cylinder (15/16) on the way from Datsun Parts LLC, and already have 280zx rotors/strut assemblies (haven't modded yet for coilover setup).

If I use all the parts I've mentioned thus far, does anyone know if I use SS Brake Lines for a 280zx or for a 510? Not so sure on this, and have hit dead ends while searching.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I did my swap I used the stock flex 510 lines that were on the car with no problems. I had to do minor adjustments at the master cyl. keep in mind that if you are keeping stock drums in the back, some people have said that the 280zx master might give you too firm of a brake pedal because that master is set up for disc/disc. I used a 280z master which is disc/drum and7/8" and the feel is just right.

Hmmm...I haven't even considered the rear drums playing a factor in all this. Eventually yes, there will be rear calipers/disc brakes, but for now, drums. Interesting though with the stock flex 510 lines.

I'm hoping to order these lines if you say you used the stock lines:

http://www.frsport.com/GOODRIDGE-22414-STAINLESS-STEEL-BRAKE-LINE--68-73-Datsun-DATSUN-510_p_12117.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...I haven't even considered the rear drums playing a factor in all this. Eventually yes, there will be rear calipers/disc brakes, but for now, drums. Interesting though with the stock flex 510 lines.

I'm hoping to order these lines if you say you used the stock lines:

http://www.frsport.com/GOODRIDGE-22414-STAINLESS-STEEL-BRAKE-LINE--68-73-Datsun-DATSUN-510_p_12117.html

You should go with them they are better stronger and will last ALOT longer!