Looking for an AC front crankshaft pulley,also AC compressor

Hi I am looking for the front crankshaft pulley , for an AC Datsun 620 ( this pulley has a third groove to run the AC compressor). I also need a compressor, although am thinking of buying one new, depends on price I guess. Also looking for an AC carb dashpot, could actually use two of those, my other truck one is dead too.Ahoogakev@gmail.com , thanks a lot , Kevin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found that many Ford Pinto and Chevy small block pulleys can be made to fit. Pinto pulleys have metric bolt spacings while most after market Chevy ones need to have the holes redrilled or slotted but at least they are available [and usually chromed]. Better to get the real thing, but when faced with desperation improvise!

I have found that many Ford Pinto and Chevy small block pulleys can be made to fit. Pinto pulleys have metric bolt spacings while most after market Chevy ones need to have the holes redrilled or slotted but at least they are available [and usually chromed]. Better to get the real thing, but when faced with desperation improvise!

Hello Sir; Thanks a lot for the info, but I am confused! You mention bolts and spacings and slots, but all I see is one ( big!) nut or bolt that goes in the center of the pulley, to hold it on - I would think the most important thing would be that the pulley grooves are the same size in diameter, and the belt grooves the same width so the correct belt would still fit. CAn you please elaborate a bit more? It sounds like a great idea I will definately improvise if I can, hopefully get one from the local scrap yard if they have any Pinto's or Chevy's, any idea what year we are talking about? Thank you ,Kev

Hello Sir; Thanks a lot for the info, but I am confused! You mention bolts and spacings and slots, but all I see is one ( big!) nut or bolt that goes in the center of the pulley, to hold it on - I would think the most important thing would be that the pulley grooves are the same size in diameter, and the belt grooves the same width so the correct belt would still fit. CAn you please elaborate a bit more? It sounds like a great idea I will definately improvise if I can, hopefully get one from the local scrap yard if they have any Pinto's or Chevy's, any idea what year we are talking about? Thank you ,Kev

I was mostly referring to the waterpump and alternator pulleys but the crankshaft pulleys obviously align with the rest. Measure the distance to your front cover and the wheel diameter and distance from front rim to back and you should be able to get a match on the crankshaft pulley.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.