510 Wiper linkage interchagability

Are any other models wiper linkage swappable? I have a 71 and while trying to recondition one of the splined wiper shafts the arm and shaft stripped out, the shaft is still frozen to the mount. I tried to search with no luck, I should mention I live in Washington and I needs dem wipers to work.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like thats what I'm gonna end up doing, I was hoping I could get it fixed this weekend. For the record B210 won't work and a Z car has the wiper shafts mounted too high, this could be made to work with some work IMO.

I'm going to try one last attempt when I get to work and can use the press and a welder.

So I figured I'd post a follow up. In the end I fixed up the stuff I had. My linkage was completely frozen, and when I pulled the motor I couldn't move the linkage no matter how much force I put on the arms, not the wiper arms but the actual linkage arms. I had to press the wiper shaft out of the pedestal, in doing so I broke the pedestal into a couple of peices. Luckily I was able to weld it back together, word of advice clean the shit out of the pedestal if you ever need to weld one.

I brushed, sanded, scoured and greased every single part that moves and replaced all the c clips. I also cleaned up all of the terminals in the motor and added a little grease.

I've got to say I was really impressed with how fast the wipers move! I mean it's not like today's brand new cars but they are pretty quick, not at all slow and slower.