wiring

north dakota

So...does anyone know where to get a complete new wiring system for a 1972 510 sedan. all of my wires were wrecked by hungry mice, flooding and old age. A new one would be preferable...but if it does have to be made from scratch any additional info is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...does anyone know where to get a complete new wiring system for a 1972 510 sedan. all of my wires were wrecked by hungry mice, flooding and old age. A new one would be preferable...but if it does have to be made from scratch any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Got more time, or money? A custom harness can run MANY hundreds of dollars (if not into low $1k+), or (given the simplicity of 70's wiring) you can buy a generic harness and adapt it for around $200. If it's going to sit again I recommend the following: buy the cheapest chili peppers you can find at the local mexi-mart, grind em up and soak em for 2-3 days. fill a squirt bottle with the filtered "hotsauce", spray liberally and let dry. They will not touch it again.

well the mice have all been evacuated to a different location and there is nowhere in the car for them to hide now......but I am not affraid to spend a little bit of money if it is a quality product....but i am leaning more and more towards building my own due to the simplicity of the 70's electrical set ups...but i do need new relays, switches, and connectors and such...so if you guys would know where i could get my hands on some of that great stuff that would be super kewl.