Rear-sump Z22/24 oil pan and pick-up

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that an L-series pan/pickup will work. I put an L20b pan from an 80' 720 onto my LZ22, which utilizes the Z22 block.

Make sure it's a 510 pan/pickup, though. The 521 pan/pickups are different.

Yes but you ran this as a L series 2.2 motor. brodster is running a Z series motor that is tilted differently from the L series. I'll see if I can pull a 720 Z22 or Z24 oil pan out of my pile and get a picture of it. Maybe that will help.

Of course it is, bro!

Get up there to the JY, bring your favorite

2620-22a-lg.jpg

Cut the cross member like a fucking bawse, remove the pan, remove the pickup tube. Safety first, tho. Don't forget your safety equipment, and to prop the motor up somehow just in case!

Of course it is, bro!

Get up there to the JY, bring your favorite

2620-22a-lg.jpg

Cut the cross member like a fucking bawse, remove the pan, remove the pickup tube. Safety first, tho. Don't forget your safety equipment, and to prop the motor up somehow just in case!

Nicely played. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I answered my own question on Saturday. Just have to unbolt the x-member and some steering linkage. All bolts easy to remove. The only bitch is trying to slip in a slotted screwdriver around the pan to pop it off.

So I am good to go. Just have to fix the f@#@#@ hole the JY punches in all the tanks and sumps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.