Looking to become a new owner

89rodknocker

I'm looking at purchasing a 73 620 locally. Looks like it has some stuff done to it. The Guy i'm picking it up from just got it but wants something else. Someone just tried to steal it a couple of days ago. So he's fixing it. He stay less than a mile away from me. My question is are these stolen alot as i was going to pick it up as a backup truck/extra project/toy.

If these are stolen alot what are some tips or tricks to keep the truck mine. It will be parked on the street as my camaro gets the garage space.

Oh yeah and if you don't feel comfortable posting here u can pm me. I'm not a car thief just dont want to be a victim.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My future father in law had a 'cuda and would park it for a week when he took the boat to the island in the summer, he would take the rotor out of the distributor.

Also a line lock (brake lock) hidden somewhere would be a good thing to think about, that way the brakes would still be on and it may confuse whoever is trying to steal it into thinking it is all locked up.

I believe in the low hanging fruit principal... Locks only keep honest people honest, if they want it bad enough they will get it, however if you increase the chance of them getting caught or make it more work they will probably pass it up.

620's don't have column lock= very easy to steal. Any douchbag tweeker could pull it off. The Start switch is on here, pretty cool but will lighten your wallet. You can russle up some switches and hide a kill switch, but don't use the usual locations, cuz theifs know where to look for those. Main thing about stealing a car is convenience. If they have to jump through a buncha hoops, they gonna give up after breaking your window and butchering your wiring. Put a club, a cheapo noisemaker alarm, and a killswitch, then they gotta REALLY want it :) The rotor trick is great too, but for long term. You prob don't wanna pull the rotor every night, and install every morning... In the rain.