how to start engine

lil89ram50

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half fill the oil filter and pour oil over cam and valves when you set them and some down the timing chain at the front. Leave the plugs out and crank for 30 seconds. You can watch of oil dribbling out the cam holes. Oil is now filling the filter and circulating.

You can't check the timing until running so leave that for now. Valves should be set when hot so just check that they are not tight and the rockers have a small wiggle. Good enough for now.

Prey it does not. Water can/will leak into cylinders and rust the rings solid. My 710 hadn't been on the road since '02, maube longer as this is when the owner died, but it was trailered to Grahem's yard/garage around '08 and driven around the yard where it was kept a couple of times then stored. When I looked at it the rad was full of green: a very good sign, valves has some clearance, plugs gaped and reasonable. Fired right up with a fast idle, steamy exhaust from the dampness not a trace of blue, kicked it down and idled nicely. Drove it about 100 miles home.

sweet! i also hope there is nothing wrong with this! also did i say this is a 1 owner truck? well i guess you could say 2

man bought it in 74 brand new. drove it to about 50k miles, in 1998. the now old man, gave the truck to his grand child. first day the high school kid receive vehicle, he ripped the door off! was at a gas pump, and backed up cuz he want too far, and the door caught on a cement pillar! ruined the door and fender. so its a white truck with a red drivers door, and a yellow drivers fender. truck has about 58k miles on it now.