Air Shocks

Ron1200

I thought I had updated my original post as my opinion of 'Air Shocks' changed so dramatically.  I hate when posts don't have a resolution...

Originally reported by me Sept 2011:

These shocks suck!

Updated opinion Aug 2017:

This thing drives/rides great with the air shocks and 720 4x4 springs.  The problem was not the air shocks, but the mono-leaf springs.  Changing nothing but the springs improved the ride is 110% (or more)... No more bouncy-bouncy, just a well controlled ride. It rides like a car now. 

Read about it here.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Since I sold the 620, I've not logged in here much... So sorry for the late reply.  I responded to another member on this topic, so posting up that response here.

I think I  used Monroe MA805 Max-Air Adjust Shock Absorbers..I got them off Amazon. I chose these because they were easy to get... If I remember correctly, they were in the $50 - $60 range at the time.

Here the link:  https://www.amazon.com/Monroe-MA805-Max-Air-Adjust-Absorber/dp/B000C55T4A/

I looked for a picture of the 620 with a motorcycle (Honda VTR1000 - about 430 lbs / 195 k) in the back, but couldn't find the photo.  The loaded ride height was a little higher than below.  I do remember it hitting the bump stops in the back a couple of times.  I don't know how much air was in it, but it wasn't at max pressure, and I could/should have use more air.

I most I carried was 20, 40 lb bags of garden soil. About 800 lbs total from town - only 6 miles.  

Yes, I typically ran 20-30 psi. I would add air just until the bed started to rise.  I didn't want it to high.

q8eIwVZ.jpg

The four best things I did to the suspension in order:

1. Put on the 720 springs. 

2. Put on the low profile bump stops (may not apply to you).

3. Put on the air shocks to add usability as a daily driver.

4. Use 70 series tires - the large tire sidewall really helps with ride quality.

I hope this info is useful.

• Thanks 1