my 72 620, and introduction!

sethris

well, ive been here for a while, but i cant remember if i was properly introduced, so...whats up! :)

here are a few pics of my chop top. ive been working on it slowly, but its now a basic driver.

new brake and clutch MS

slave cyl.

5 speed out of a 76 fairlady z had to shorten the D/S

needs brakes, and paint, just havent decided which color to paint it. might go back with the same type scheme, but a lil different.

PIC_00042.jpg

PIC_00032.jpg

PIC_9.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how this truck looks almost the same as mine did when I got it, the color (not scallops) and the flat top chop with the mailslot rear window. Are those side windows lexan? How long ago was this built?I think my truck was hacked up in the late eighty's but I can't find any history on it.

1974datsunchoptop.jpg

1974datsunchopped.jpg

they do look pretty similiar, and yes they are lexan. ive got to get some new gasket/seals, and then redo the glass. probably go back with lexan, dont know yet

and as far as the 5 speed, dont know if it was changed before, but the 5 speed is about 6 or 8 inches longer than the 4 speed that came out. had to turn the shifter around bacwards, and spin the metal plate around for it to work

but overall is a pretty sweet lil truck. i had way to many projects, but now this one is getting all my attention! cant wait to be driving it on a regular basis.

next is going to be brakes, maybe a disc conversion

• 2 weeks later...

sweet! so a lil update. i took the brake cylinders apart and honed them, adjusted everything and now doesnt want to toss me in every ditch i see!

made a new transmission mount, and fixed the center support bearing. like a new truck.

next is getting new window seals and working on the glass this week, then hopefully if funds permit, new paint in a couple weeks :D