Don't we need an invade the beach ratsun meet?

Once everyone is in town if you want a nice little cruise you can go 26E to 53S then hit 101N back to Cannon Beach/Seaside. 53 is really twisty and lots of fun, if you don't get stuck behind a log truck.

Is there a date yet?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit if I go up to Oregon ill never leave. I hate California (government and price wise, love the scenery). Plus it will take my 16 hours to get there (by the speed limit, that is)

Welcome to Oregon :) Beautiful and green year round. You can really see it the two months a year it isn't overcast :)

Once everyone is in town if you want a nice little cruise you can go 26E to 53S then hit 101N back to Cannon Beach/Seaside. 53 is really twisty and lots of fun, if you don't get stuck behind a log truck.

Is there a date yet?

I bet you'd know the twistiest route. any votes for a different route, or is that one good? I haven't checked how many miles we're talking about yet though. We should do it soon, or the first weekend after the kids are back in school, lol, just when the locals think they're rid of the tourists :)

Edit: Oh, I see what you're talking about, get us all down there, and make the cruise, I was thinking you were talking about making the loop out of portland, sounds good to me.

• 2 weeks later...

okay, i'm heading to the beach technically the 10th. about 1:30am, since I don't get off work until 12. Grabbing my boy, and heading to woods campground, pacific city. 521 rolling. gonna' park out front and wait for them to wake me up and give me a campsite, oll. Cordially invite anyone, and yes, i'll leave early saturday if I get responses, and people want to cruise down with me. Also invite anyone to meet me there. I like the weekend after labor day because it's not a tourist packed weekend. should be quiet except for my datto :). It would be cool to hang with locals so the bad vibe from the residual hatred from the recent tourist overflow doesn't kill my datsun driving buzz. Just saying...... Anyway, this thread died weeks ago, resurrected or not, i'm heading to the beach, I need it, it's been too long, and waaaaaaay too long for my datsun, if it's ever been there at all. (the head and rear end have been, but not sure about the rest) i'm heading backroads to newberg mcminville on out 18 22 130 101, then BAMO! the beach. Hope to see you.

it's okay, I might not even make it. Supposed to be feroshiously hot this weekend, and I threw my belt on my way home from work tonight. Might just casually fix it, and go river tubing instead, have my truck good and strong for work monday. I have an ultracoil to install, plug gap to reset, and set my valves to 8 and 10 instead of 10 and 12 like the factory manual for 79 says I should, even though I have a lumpy cam, plus I need my carbs secondary set richer, running lean when I open my 2nd barrel, but I'll do those other things first before the jetting. Not to mention my new intake/exhaust gasket seated like shit, and I have a major exhaust leak at my header now.