1982 Datsun 210 A14 Set of gauges?

I'm getting to the point in my restoration of my 1982 210 where I need to start thinking about interior purchases, and I've decided the dash will be customized and all stock gauges replaced with aftermarkets. It never had a tach or oil pressure gauge, just stock stuff.

Anyway, I've been looking around and like the Equus 8000 series gauges (http://equus.com/Product/Gauges/s8000.html ) both because they're reasonably priced and because they look nice. The only one that concerns me is the fuel gauge, as the models they have available say they're for GM/Ford/AMC (AMC? Really? Weird!) so I doubt they'll work since manufacturers hadn't really standardized these sorts of things back in the day.

I'd be grateful if someone could recommend either a solution to the problem of the sending unit and gauge being incompatible, or a good looking complete set of gauges that are reasonably priced :)

Thanks!

Jason

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Some aftermarket gauges are adjustable so they can be used with a variety of cars.

Ah, now that makes sense. I wish they just came with a proper sending unit to drop in the tank, but I suppose there's too much variation in how they connect, heh.

Smiths, EQUUS, Speco, Autometer, Pro-Comp, Speed Hut, VDO, Defi, Splitfire.

I should have been more specific. I meant with regards to the fuel gauge. Everything I've read about the Equus (which I really like, actually) says they don't work right with the datsun sending unit.

All those brands have been fitted to early 70s Datsuns.

If the fuel gauge work with a Ford Mustang I, they will work with a Datsun, though not necessarily exact to scale, but at least the Empty line will be the same.

The fully programmable fuel gauges will work with any car. Autometer seems to be the most popular now.