WTB: SU Carb Dogbone / Connecting Rod

After making carb adjustments over the weekend I managed to lose the dogbone connecting rod from 1 carb due to not tightening it down properly...Lesson learned. I have the 2 ends, but lost the the dual threaded stud in the middle with the nuts. Does anyone have a spare one they would be willing to sell? Please send a PM. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After making carb adjustments over the weekend I managed to lose the dogbone connecting rod from 1 carb due to not tightening it down properly...Lesson learned. I have the 2 ends, but lost the the dual threaded stud in the middle with the nuts. Does anyone have a spare one they would be willing to sell? Please send a PM. Thanks.

I am trying to envision what you are looking for...It has the snap on joints that go over the ball ends?

I am trying to envision what you are looking for...It has the snap on joints that go over the ball ends?

It sounds like he didn't tighten the lock nuts and lost the left/right thread rod with hex adjuster [and probably the lock nuts]. He has, presumably, still got the ball joint end dangling in space.

There is an odd chance that he might get a replacement rod and lock nuts in of all places a music store. Similar units are used for adjustment on high hat, cymbal and drum foot pedals.

It sounds like he didn't tighten the lock nuts and lost the left/right thread rod with hex adjuster [and probably the lock nuts]. He has, presumably, still got the ball joint end dangling in space.

There is an odd chance that he might get a replacement rod and lock nuts in of all places a music store. Similar units are used for adjustment on high hat, cymbal and drum foot pedals.

If he goes junkyarding, he can do what I did - replaced with Mercedes Benz components...German engineering at its finest! The ends are metal, and not plastic for greater durability.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.