simple KA24 swap questions

Hey a have a few KA24 swap questions, sorry for the noob question but tried searching but didnt find much.

First, im guna be running a Walboro 255 inline/external and just wanted to know where is the best place to place it for the best performance?

Second, ive read for the ka24 swap that and you have to do is weld the tip from the 240sx and weld it onto the 510 pedal. but what about the part that stop the pedal? (pictured below) I have the one from the 240sx but when i put it on it seem to not let the pedal go very high. is there another peice i shuld use or a bracket from another car?

DSC_2249.jpg?t=1312665135

And third, i have new 510 engine mounts, i didnt want the 620 mounts cust i wanted my engine to sit lower, but do i have to run spacer for them to work and if i do where and how many(am guessing i can use washers).

DSC_2214-1.jpg?t=1312666316

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey a have a few KA24 swap questions, sorry for the noob question but tried searching but didnt find much.

First, im guna be running a Walboro 255 inline/external and just wanted to know where is the best place to place it for the best performance?

Second, ive read for the ka24 swap that and you have to do is weld the tip from the 240sx and weld it onto the 510 pedal. but what about the part that stop the pedal? (pictured below) I have the one from the 240sx but when i put it on it seem to not let the pedal go very high. is there another peice i shuld use or a bracket from another car?

DSC_2249.jpg?t=1312665135

And third, i have new 510 engine mounts, i didnt want the 620 mounts cust i wanted my engine to sit lower, but do i have to run spacer for them to work and if i do where and how many(am guessing i can use washers).

DSC_2214-1.jpg?t=1312666316

Thanks in advance

1. Fuel pump (inline/external) : As long it's mounted lower than the fuel tank in the trunk somewhere then you'll be fine. That's what I've seen and read. I have a wagon myself and mine is mounted under the chassis because of the location of my fuel tank.

2. Pedal: Grind and welded 240sx tip onto my stock pedal and it works just fine. Remove the piece that is preventing your stock pedal from going back into position. All you need is the black plastic piece that you can bolt/screw into the outside of the fire wall/engine bay. * There's a "How to" thread with pictures. *

3. Motor mounts: You can use the 510's stock mounts without spacers for your KA, but this may come down to personal preference and/or budget. I'm using the stock mounts. There may be slight bends here and there with the rubbers, but for the most part you should be OK.

4. Take your time. Don't rush your swap.

Feel free to add and/or assist our bro.

Thanks!

• Like 1

i sell a cross member setup fro s13 mounts no spacers and stock brackets thats my preference

if you are going to run an external do yourself a favor and ru a surge tank

pedal is easy as stated above but cut off the stop and use your stock 510 one its adjustable

good luck

• 1 month later...